Blooming beautiful! Our favourite local florist Alice, founder of She's a Wildflower, shares her tips on creating a Kip&Co floral favourite, Field of Dreams inspired bouquet🌸
- Vessel – I chose a squat vase with a wide opening
- Floral tape, also called pot tape
3-5 bunches of flowers, you may not need to use all the stems from each bunch, but having a variety makes for an interesting arrangement.
CONDITIONING YOUR FLOWERS
- Remove any foliage from the stems that will be below the water line to prevent bacterial growth;
- Recut the stems (approximately 1cm) on an angle, cutting the stems on an angle creates a larger surface area allowing stems to drink more water;
- Keep flowers in a cool room and out of direct sunlight, if placed in a heated environment they will wilt quicker;
- Recut the stems, refresh the water and wash the vase every two days if possible (recutting the stems and washing the vase with an arrangement is tricky but try and gently tip the water out and replace with clean water).